Friday, April 3, 2009

Pasadena v. Pasadena


We're on a kick to get involved in the Parks & Recreation departments of our city. These departments often hold classes on estate planning, elder law, veterans benefits, and the like. We'd be thrilled to offer a complimentary course in the evenings or on weekends to our local community.

So I'm all jazzed to start contacting people. I reach this super nice guy and he gives me the name of a really friendly woman and it's all cupcakes and marshmallows, I'm finally feeling as though I'm getting somewhere by the end of this week. I've even added these folks to our contact management system (CMS for the nerds out there).

Um, yeah. Until I figure out I've just left messages and had conversations with people in Pasadena, TX! One guy even described to me the location of one of the senior centers, giving me street names, etc. I just go along with it--figure I'm new to town and don't know all the streets, even though I've never heard of them.

So...I end the week red-faced. Thank God it's the weekend.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
~ Albert Einstein

No comments: