Friday, February 20, 2009

Branching Out

As fun as it is to meet with attorneys, we've determined we'll need to branch out beyond the legal arena to connect with people who may give us clients. However, I still give my gratitude for attorneys, because it was an attorney who put us in touch with the man I'm writing about.

Today I met with a guy who owns a company which provides home care services to the elderly. His company will bring aids to the homes or assisted living facilities of elderly people to take them to the store, play cards, eat together, etc. This allows elderly to stay in their homes longer before heading to the oft-dreaded nursing home. He has been at this for 5 years and now has 150 home aids working for him. He suggested we work together to give presentations at senior centers and the like. Bingo!

With today's families being crunched on both sides -- their aging parents on one side, their children off to college on another -- his business plan is a smart one. It is affordable and provides peace of mind to families.

A quote not so much inspirational, but beautifully written:

I saw my life branching out before me like the green fig tree in the story. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked.
~Sylvia Plath

No comments: